GXDev: If I write some code, will it overwrite the PLC code?

It may not be installed, if you can find the disk and run the auto run it should be one of the installs on the disk it should be the same serial number as GXDev.
Thanks, I'll take a look. When the PLC was upgraded from a different PLC to Mitsubishi in (I think) 2012, the code was done by an external company. I hope they left us the software on CDs somewhere.

Probably not, they will have their own licenced copies it is rare for a supplier to supply this type of software unless specified in the contract. If you already have GXDeveloper on-site then you should have a disk, but like a lot of companies, people leave & things go missing.
EDIT: If you have GXDEV installed then go to TOOLS on the top menu and there should be in the list "Start Ladder logic test" if it is not greyed out then it is installed.

Last edited:
EDIT: If you have GXDEV installed then go to TOOLS on the top menu and there should be in the list "Start Ladder logic test" if it is not greyed out then it is installed.
I checked...unfortunately that option is greyed-out. BOOOOOOO!
The only other option that's greyed-out is 'Start LCPU Logging Configuration Tool' (whatever that is).

Is it safe to use the option 'Check program...' to see if the mods I've done in my own project are OK?

Last edited:
Yes it is safe, it only checks for syntax errors and duplicate coils (Outputs) but those sometimes show up if using SET/RESET so not a true test, although most errors are picked up when you compile the program.
On the simulator side, the simulator will not simulate analogue or other special function cards, we normally disable the logic that fetches the data and use a bit of code to simulate the values. so simulation is only for testing Digital inputs/outputs and internal code.

Probably not, they will have their own licenced copies it is rare for a supplier to supply this type of software unless specified in the contract. If you already have GXDeveloper on-site then you should have a disk, but like a lot of companies, people leave & things go missing...
Has Christmas come early?
I've just found the original CDs for GT SoftGOT1000-USB RT/GXDeveloper v8.98/GT Works3.
Will it allow a second installation though, that's the question.

GX Developer will providing you have the serial number, I don't think the simulator has one so you could install that on the works PC, even if it does it is probably the same as for the GXDeveloper you have go to help product information.
The program check will not check if I/O is configured so it would probably put the PLC in stop if you programmed the wrong address and sent it to the PLC so providing you have the I/O addresses correct you should be ok. It will not stop the simulator though.