Convert from SINT to ASCII

Krone

Hi guys

I have a barcode scannes which gives me some numbers (SINT) that I want to convert into ASCII, so that I can see that ASCII char insted of the decimal.

I've tried to convert the decimal into a string, but i dont know what to do with it.
I've seen some tropics on this, but to be hornest, data conversion is not my strong side.

I'm using studio 5000.

I hope someone can help me.

BR
Anders

Hi Krone

Just a few questions :)

What PLC are you using and how do you connect the barcode scanner to the PLC ?

Last edited:
If your input string ends up in a array of SINT

Copy the length you want from the array into a string

The screen shot is a copy from a int array to a string and then converts the string to DINT

Copy string.png

Thanks Holmux!

Didnt have the Dest as a string.

It is possible to read the length of my data in the array?
I know that i can read the size of it by using the SIZE function, but i need to only know the polulated values.

Last edited:
In the example I showed you I get the length from my module,

I have a feeling you will get the same info from your barcode scanner.

Do you get different lengths of barcodes into the system ?