Micrologix 1200 to PLX51-df1-eni router

akosimalakas

Guys, need help.

How am I going to use this MSG instruction in RS Logix 500 to communicate in PLX51-df1-eni router.

I already configured the df1 router and its already present in RS-linx.

Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

Last edited:
Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

What is your application; are you trying to read or write data from another SLC/MicroLogix family controller on Ethernet, or a ControlLogix/CompactLogix family controller ?

Are you asking for help on configuring and triggering an MSG instruction in ladder logic, or on configuring the DF1 Station address -> IP Address routing in the Prosoft device ?

thank you for your reply sir, I already configured the prosoft device. the problem is I cannot communicate the ML1200 to prosoft df-1 router because it doesn't appear in rs-linx. so maybe I need the MSG instruction in order to communicate in prosoft device.

I need to read data in ML1200 using PLX51-DF1-ENI to send it in scada.

Last edited:
You definitely do not need MSG instructions to communicate with your MicroLogix from a SCADA system.

The configuration of the PLX router looks correct, and it does appear in RSLinx as an Ethernet device. It's the DF1 port and connected MicroLogix that do not appear.

What sort of cable are you using between the PLX router and the MicroLogix ? Does the COMM LED on the MicroLogix ever flicker when you browse the PLX router in RSLinx, suggesting that packets are moving between the PLX and the MicroLogix ?

You might also try configuring the MicroLogix Channel 0 serial port for Source ID =1 instead of 8. While most DF1 Full Duplex Point-to-Point implementations ignore the Source and Destination station numbers, it might be that the PLX router expects the MicroLogix to have DF1 station address = 1.