343-5 all leds flashing

Note your existing user parameters, and try the following adjustment:

Remedy:
- Use the bus profiles Universal, Standard or DP
- If you use user-defined bus parameters please observe the following limits:
- max. Tsdr + 17 <= Tslot_init <= 16383 t_bit

In other words, make your Tsdr value equal to or between 17 and 16383.

Yes... if there was an actual download link for the firmware... I think Siemens might have removed the link. I hunted for it to no avail.
You are right. That is odd indeed. And the support entry is from 2002, one should think that the latest firmware is always available for download. Maybe they found a problem in the firmware V4.1 and never got to fix it.

techno44, I would contact Siemens Support, and ask about FW4.1 (quote the support entry 10605201). The fixes in FW4.1 looks like they could be relevant to your problem.