Old Mitsubishi PLC

chopin

Hello guys,

Need some help, this time on obsolete Mitsubishi PLC
What software do I need to open project?

The PLC is A1S

The HMI is MAC 40+

It is probably GXDeveloper if you are going to take an upload.
However, there is older DOS software like MEDOC and GPPW.
Also it depends when it was first programmed if before 1994 i believe then it would be the old dos versions and GXDeveloper is the one you need.
However, it is possible it could have been programmed in GXIEC you can still upload it using GXDeveloper, however, if it used the IEC format then the code will not make that much sense as it uses jumps to subroutines, still readable and you can modify it but you really need to know the system.
so I would plump for GXDeveloper.
The HMI MAC40 this used an old Dos software called SW-MTA so I believe even the Beijers E-Designer will not work (this was the later version for the E series that Mitsubishi badged).
If you are upgrading the system then uploading the code in GXDeveloper you can configure it to one of the newer Q range of PLC's without problems, however, the MAC HMI you will need MTA and just go through the screens one by one and find out what is used in the screen variables.
One other thing, there could be a password set on the processor and you will need this to upload.

PLC is not being upgrade. Hopefully I will not even have to connect to the PLC.

There seems to be some issue with the HMI. Customer saying it is changing the language to Japanese occasionally and would like to investigate and fix it.

Customer won't even have a backup.

Your customer really needs to think about an upgrade although it may be possible to get some refurbished equipment they are getting rare, but certainly get some backups if you can, just inform your customer that you cannot guarantee to be able to take a copy as if they are password protected then without the password your up a creek without a paddle.

Forgot to mention you will also need an SC09 Cable and if on a pc without com port a USB to 232 Converter and for the MAC an interface but cannot remember the name of it although I think I have one somewhere.

Check that the battery has been changed periodically, at least every 3-4 years.

I saw a case with an A1n PLC, a bit older than the A1S, which run many years without losing power until one day it lost it and the entire program was lost.

The SC-09 cable to connect to PLC must have the DB-25 connector. I've seen lately that they make some SC-09 with just the mini-DIN connector for more recent FXn PLCs

Last edited: