water tank level program

Dear friends ,
I using first time Mitsubishi GOT This is my first time i need help and support to start creating switches , lamps , buttons , alarms , Popscreen etc..... Can any one help me to start the steps creating screens etc.....

THANKS
SAM

samsamDear friends ,*
I using first time Mitsubishi GOT This is my first time i need help and support to start creating switches , lamps , buttons , alarms , Popscreen etc..... Can any one help me to start the steps creating screens etc.....If possible available videos tutorial to start please send to me

thanks
sam

Dear samsam:

This is a very old post. Rather than tag your request onto the end of this one, I suggest you start a new post.

When you create your post, I suggest you provide some background information on what kind of training or experience you have had on PLCs in general, and ask a more specific question. It isn't possible to provide beginners tutorial on a site like this. You have to have some fundamental knowledge of PLC programming.

Hi Everyone,
My scenario below;
I need to control the Level in the water Tank using VFD. Initially I want to ramp the pump to 50 HZ until I reach certain level and then use the PIDE to maintain the Loop.
What are the possibilities I can use to make it efficient.
Thanks in advance for your time....

KEEP IT SIMPLE!
I am assuming that the pump feeds the tank.
You didn't say and that is important.

If my assumption is correct then ramping up to the set point it good.

Now how accurate does the level need to be?
If it needs to be precise then a PI controller is needed.
If you can tolerate level changes with in a band then only a proportional band is necessary. That is the pump is full on below the minimum part of the band and off when the level exceeds the proportional band. In between the minimum and maximum level you interpolate to get the percent of full pump flow. Easy!

Hi Everyone,
My scenario below;
I need to control the Level in the water Tank using VFD. Initially I want to ramp the pump to 50 HZ until I reach certain level and then use the PIDE to maintain the Loop.
What are the possibilities I can use to make it efficient.
Thanks in advance for your time....

You should start a NEW Thread as this one is 6 years OLD!

and then

#4. YOU HAVE TO EXPECT DETOURS.

With the completed code, you start asking yourself "What-If" question?

"I know what's supposed to happen when the valve sticks OPEN. What if the valve sticks CLOSED?"
How will I know? Is staying at LOW for more than XX time good enough, or should I have a limit switch on the valve so the PLC can compare what's happening to what it thinks SHOULD be happening?

"What if the valve sticks OPEN (or CLOSED). Shouldn't the PLC tell somebody?"
If so, how. Lights? Noise? How will those be turned off once the problem is fixed?

"What if BOTH the valve stick OPEN?!?"
Should I shut down the Pump? Sound the Alarm? And how will I know? HI_LEVEL staying ON for too long?

Hi, this is very good advice. Please be the programmer that thinks like this. I have seen too many catastrophes because the project didn't have failure scenarios planned into it.

What if the pump has been running for 5 minutes and the water level has not changed?

What if the tank level sensor returns an analog value of 0 ma or V depending on the method you are using?

You would use the program to check that the sensors are working and if they are not then you don't want to run blind.

What if your heaters have been enabled for 5 minutes and the temperature has not changed?

Since you are just starting out, I recommend you incorporate this kind of thinking into your future projects. You don't want everything to work except for that one thing you didn't think could go wrong happening. Because it will.