Wierd Issue with PID on Compact Lgx 5000

vgiesbrecht

I have a compact logix 5000 that has multiple PID loops. I feed a real value to the PID Process variable. I have a scale of 0-100 for the PV and is coming into the PID @ 30. The PID shows the process variable in the PID instruction. 0.800. When I drop the PV lets say to 20 the PV in the PID loop says 0.76. so it drops with the PV but it should equal the PV input. Any idea's why the PV is being re-scaled? as it seems.
The pid scalling is set up
PV unscaled max=100 EU Max=100
PV unscaled min=0 EU Min=0

pidpic.JPG

What's the configuration on the IF8 module, channel 0? How are you sure that it is coming in as a value of 30?

Similar Topics

Hi! I have a strange problem I can't come up with a solution to. I have a TONR in my program set at 7 minutes. When the timer reaches 7 minutes...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I've encountered something weird today that I can't explain. I have a variable in a string file, call it ST15:18. I need to convert...
Replies
Views
Have a machine that has a Mitsubishi fx32u-32m plc and a ABB Power Supply in the machine that is part number CP-E 24/0.75 It is a 120vac powered...
Replies
Views
At the site I am at I am converting several 90-30 plcs to RX3i. While I am here, the customer had me look at a problem with one of the 90-30...
Replies
Views
Hi All.. We have a little problem at the plant I work at... we have been in contact with techconnect and not really achieved much so far.. just...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom