Cascading ONS and OSR instruction

ettikudiappan

Hi

I have an application where I have cascaded a ONS instruction and a OSR instruction. The ONS instruction preceeds OSR instruction. Is it advisable to do so? Do you foresee any problem when using instructions in this fashion.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with this (IOW, it will function), but it's redundant and therefore a waste of code. The ONS can be removed with no ill effects.

This is similar to putting two contacts with the same address in series:

| X X
|---] [----] [-------( Y )

Just another example of poor programming... :rolleyes:

beerchug

-Eric

Similar Topics

Hi I have an application where I have cascaded a ONS instruction and a OSR instruction. The ONS instruction preceeds OSR instruction. Is it...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I have a Conveyor system that requires Speed Cascading from one conveyor to another. Meaning that if one conveyor speed is...
Replies
Views
Happy Holidays Folks! I am working on a robot cell and as we are adding PLC control to the system, I have some questions about implementing an...
Replies
Views
I'm new to PLC. Have little knowledge of VFDs. I've 5 nos of Delta M series VFDs and all are connected to motors running the conveyor belts...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a student doing an independent study on PLCs. I am using a Allen Bradley SLC 5/02. What I am trying to accomplish is to step a simple...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom