PLC-5 --> ProSoft --> Generic CIP Device

joefox97

Hi all,

Hoping someone here has experience on ProSoft modules and using them with PLC-5s to bridge the gap between the old and the new.

We've got a PLC-5/15, talking to Logix 5000 via CIP successfully. There's a ProSoft module in-line, doing the translation. All looks peachy. We're able to change data in the data tables on the PLC-5 via RSLogix5000 as if it were native. All good.

Where it gets muddy is that the CIP Generic device we're using is looking for a Tag Name to read/write to -- and of course, there's no such thing (or at least not as such). The data table file is called O0 (the output card in Slot 0, it appears).

Appreciate any insights. These are new toys for us. There are other solutions, but all are more expensive and less functional in the long run.

joe

I'm not sure why you need a Prosoft card when you could use the PLC5/SLC mapping feature of Logix5000 (Logic - Map PLC/SLC messages). You map a file number in your PLC5, say N7 for instance would be file 7, to a tag in Logix5000 configured as a SINT array. Works like a charm.