Studio 5000 V24 crashes when using Save As and when Exporting routines or programs

kpElec

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I recently was upgraded from Win7 machine to a Win10 machine with lots of horsepower.
Last Friday, I tried exporting a routine and when I did, Studio 5000 shutdown with no error. I tried exporting multiple times with the same result. Also, I tried using the Save As to save as a Lk5 and Studio 5000 shuts down. However, I can Save a program.
I uninstalled Studio 5000 v24 and reinstalled it and then restarted my pc. When I try to Save As or Export a routine or program, Studio doesn't shut down anymore but acts like the command wasn't given. I am still able to expand programs and open up routines.
I looked on the RA site at the knowledge base but I couldn't find any help there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kevin

Yes, I installed Studio 5000 v24.01 with Administrative privleges and I ran the LogixDesigner.Exe as Administrative. I'm thinking Win10 is the problem child, eh?

Yes, I tried Win7 and Win8 and Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
When I try to export, I can see the program is trying to do something because I noticed the application flickers a bit.

I just tried Vista and had the same issue.
You realized that I can run Studio 5000, right? I'm just having issues where the "Save As" doesn't work and that I can't export a program or routine.

Yes, saving on my C: drive and I am an administrator on my pc. I can save to the folder as I can see the date updating but the "Save As" doesn't work.

I finally gave up and talked RA. I was using V24.01 which doesn't work on a Win10 machine. They have a version 24.02 that takes care of the problem.
I uninstalled v24.01 and installed v24.02.
Thanks for your help though.