screen change and screen locked from selector switch - proface

icekalt

Hi all,

I am quite new at proface and would like appreciate anyone if there is hint to my problem. As you can see the attachment, the selector switch can be switched to Stop 1 and Stop 1 respectively. Button 'Exit' is used to switch screen. Now regardless of the position of the selector switch, I can switch to other screen by pressing the 'EXIT' button. How to make sure that, when the Selector switch is at the Stop 2 position, the screen will not switch to other screen even if I pressed 'EXIT' button. It will locked the screen. I have been trying to create logic screen but having problem due to the fact that Switch at Stop 1, Switch at Stop 2 and Exit button are all inputs. Does anyone have clue@hint about this?

screen1.jpg

IceKalt

Double click the EXIT button and this will display the dialogue box, click the switch common box and tick "enable addresses" box, in the "interlock address" box put the address for "Stop2" and check "Enable When Bit is ON" is active. that should do it. you can also click "extended" and select "Show Interlocked Condition" then go to the label tab and select down on the "Select State" drop box and select "interlocked" then type in new text in the text box this should lessen the risk of an operator becoming befuddled

Personally, I prefer to hide any button if it is not active, nothing confuses an operator more than a button that won't work and confused operators tend to phone people at 3am.

Chris