Help in ABB ACS550

Eslam Marwan

Hello, every body.

i need to operate a three water pump motors 4KW-3ph-380v on an one drive ACS550 4KW, i can do it by standard PFC , but the client ordered me to use also the Autochange mode.
my power circuit is to be like this

http://s12.postimg.org/y5r3gsy71/3_A.gif

but i can`t manage the control circuit, on page 189 of user manual the picture show that i need a relay logic to control of this operation.

http://www.marcopumps.gr/images/products/10-boosters/mpci/mpci-op2.jpg

I have already a Zelio logic relay (SR2B201Fu) with 12 inputs (9 digital + 3 analog) and 8 digital outputs

my question is
who can i make the autochange mode with only(ABB ACS550)if it can work

OR with
(ABB ACS550 + Zelio SR2B201Fu)

thanks for your replies.

Last edited:
Autochange

It appears from the manual that if you want to use autochange with ONLY the ACS550, you will have to add the ABB digital output module to the drive. Part #OREL-01 . You need 3 additional outputs for autochange. I do not have experience doing this, it is just what i can see from the manual.

CaptureABB.JPG

It appears from the manual that if you want to use autochange with ONLY the ACS550, you will have to add the ABB digital output module to the drive. Part #OREL-01 . You need 3 additional outputs for autochange. I do not have experience doing this, it is just what i can see from the manual.
but the OREL01 just to increase the no. of output relays. but i need a programmable logic relay to change between the magnetic contactor of each pump

but the OREL01 just to increase the no. of output relays. but i need a programmable logic relay to change between the magnetic contactor of each pump

I was under the impression by looking at the manual that the ACS550 has parameters to do all this. The picture show on pg#189 shows all the contactors controlled by the ACS550.

I was under the impression by looking at the manual that the ACS550 has parameters to do all this. The picture show on pg#189 shows all the contactors controlled by the ACS550.
on page 189 there is two picture
the left hand side show the standard PFC mode which the contactors controlled by the ACS

the right hand side show the PFC with autochange mode wich the contactors controlled by ACS and Relay logic

acs.gif

http://s10.postimg.org/8zffxqu49/acs.gif

Last edited:
The ACS550 already has the logic inside of it to make this happen. All you need is the expanded I/O as mentioned, and the training on the drive's internal programming to enable that functionality. Your ABB drives representative should be able to offer you instructions, or where to get the proper training.