iFix access element of array

jmveerkamp

Hi,

I'm trying to get iFix 5.8 to access DINT and INT array elements from a ControlLogix.

My tag: test_dint
Data Type: DINT
Array Length: 100

My tag: test_int
Data Type: INT
Array Length: 100

I want to be able to assign an iFix tag to a specific array element, i.e. TEST_ARRAY_ELEMENT to test_dint[1].
When I do this, my Curr Value shows "????"

I have tried using @long and @float after the tag and neither seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks Garry,

I actually stumbled on those 2 posts before creating my own. I used the example to verify I can acess the bit test_dint[1].2 in a array of DINTs. But for some reason I can't access the entire DINT, test_dint[1].

Also strange is using the syntax I can access an array of INTs fine but not an array of DINTs.

Thanks harry. From the documentation on kepwares site I ended up getting the following to solve my issue:

For INT or DINT arrays in iFix:
-TEST_INT[0]{3}@WORD,1000 = an array of 3 starting at element 0.
-TEST_INT[1]@WORD,1000 = element 1 in the array
-TEST_DINT[2]{3}@WORD,1000 = an array of 3 starting at element 2.
-TEST_DINT[2]@WORD,1000 = element 1 in the array

Looks like my issue is I should've been using @word instead of @long.