Fluke or Flir multimeters

No bragging rights here as I have no Fluke meter. At work I am using a modest Brymen BM257S. It is rugged, UL rated, a joy to use and the battery lasts. One of my colleagues is a Fluke fan, loves his meter. Every now and then he comes around my desk to borrow my lowly Brymen instead of using his own. Another thing, Flukes tend to "get lost" if you don't keep an eye on them. Other than said colleague nobody seems to show an interest in my little meter. A good thing if you ask me.

Another thing, Flukes tend to "get lost" if you don't keep an eye on them. Other than said colleague nobody seems to show an interest in my little meter. A good thing if you ask me.

Kinda like marry an ugly woman so you never need to worry about her cheating with another man :)

We like to use a fluke 789 process meter on I/O checks. Comes in handy when you need to simulate analogs or provide power to a loop.

Since we are talking about multimeters.. Is there a mA multimeter out there that has some kind of automatic overload protection in mA mode? I don't know how many times I have picked up a meter to measure mA and it doesn't work because the fuse has blown. If there is one out there that is safe and works reliably I would buy it.

Remrun
Since we are talking about multimeters.. Is there a mA multimeter out there that has some kind of automatic overload protection in mA mode? I don't know how many times I have picked up a meter to measure mA and it doesn't work because the fuse has blown. If there is one out there that is safe and works reliably I would buy it.
The nice thing about the Flir DM93 is if you were doing Amps or mA and you forgot to switch the leads back for voltage readings. there is a big warning on the screen saying PROBE. This feature has saved my fuses many times.
Plus it has a way better backlight than the Flukes.
These Flir meters are way more rugged than the Extech ones.Altough the Fluke is more compact. My Flir came with a magnetic hanger which cost me $40 dollars extra on my Fluke.
The Flir has a slower response time than my Fluke.

I really like the fluke clamp on for current loops. There are many time we cant disconnect the loop. Plus as geniusintraining said you cant blow the fuse with that one.

Fluke is supreme.

I maintain Fluke Calibration Standards and they are the most accurate by far over others.
I need 4 digit plus on my MM, because I work on low voltage signals (TCs).
I have a Fluke 8060A that is over 10 years old and still on the same battery...(LCD).
I also have a Fluke 189 (includes data logging function) that I love.

FYI...Fluke does not sell an instrument unless it is 10 Times more accurate than specified.