[OT] Best HMI cover?

Epy

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone have a good recommendation for a screen cover / cover window for an HMI?

We started out with Rittal, which always broke when the wind swung it open, and had terrible alignment issues.

Then Fibox, which is still pretty awesome but you have to be super gentle with opening and closing. The plastic hinges break.

Hoffman has good stuff as I recall but charges in gold bricks.

what kind of cover are you looking for?

Something to mount on a enclosure door over the HMI ??

you have part numbers of the items you do not like so we can get a better idea of what you want?

Out of curiosity, which Rittal did you use? I bought, but never had to install it, and that had a small key lock and felt pretty sturdy. It was a wide screen with tinted glass.

Darn Epy... I really liked you until you changed your avatar.

But at least we both despise UofM :ROFLMAO:

I have used one of these:
https://www.wistexllc.com/amhmi108l.html

It was just fine. It was going on a polycarbonate enclosure, so it matched the materials already in place. Wistex has been really good to work with on a variety of pieces I have needed over the past couple of years.

Someone needs to come out with a reasonably priced one in a wide variety of sizes in painted steel and stainless. I hunted quite a while for one to protect a G304K2 from sunlight and settled on the smallest Allied Moulded one they offer.

I did find a water industry specific company that made one that looked pretty good...until I got a price list. It cost almost as much as the little touchscreen! I don't remember the maker, but it was not anything so special it should cost more than about $80.

Last edited: