Connecting to Mitsubishi FX-MR48 PLC using GX Developer

jejump

Hi all,

I tried to connect to a FX-48MR PLC for more than an hour last night with no success. Can someone tell me where the "FX" option is in PLC TYPE? All I see there is FX0 to FX3 and variations within. There is no straight up "FX" type in my version of GX Developer. Also, I found some evidence that the DB25 serial connection might be RS-422. Is this true? I was attempting RS-232.

Thanks for your attention to my issue!

John

Oh yeah...

GX Developer v8.?.?
Windows XP laptop
Native Serial Port
DB25 to DB9 Null Modem Cable

Last edited:
The DB-25 FX port is RS-422, You need the SC-09 cable that has a 232 to 422 converter inside

Thank you to all that replied, and thanks for clearing up the cable interface for me.

About the PLC type, I get that 'FX' on the front of the PLC is a generic naming of the PLC. When I look at the specific number on the right side of the unit, it still begins with FX-MR48 (FX-48MR-ES/UL) and that type is not in the drop-down list in GX developer. I wish I had the exact version of GX developer for you. All I know for sure right now is that it's v8.something.

Can anyone else relate to this?

Thanks again,
John

UPDATE** I think Ronnie Sullivan answered this already (perhaps). I initially thought in his sentence "And select the FXU/FX2C option for that model" that he was still referring to the cable. I will try this after I get the cable made.

Thanks again everyone!!

John

Last edited:
The numbers and letters after the FX on the plc refer to type.
48 is the total number of inputs and outputs
MR is relay output
The rest is European model and voltage.