New to fieldbus comms

markrh

I have no experience in designing fieldbus communications, and am going to have learn it. My PLC experience is moderate, however only with the siemens logo, which has no fieldbus interface. I looked at the Automation Direct Productivity 1000 and it appears that I could set up the servo drive protocol I need (Rexroth HCS01) in order to have a running PLC program that can instruct the drive to move the actuator, get position and fault info and do other minor tasks. Does it sound like I'm on the right track?

Hi Mark,
It would help to know the exact model of the drive and the protocol that you want to use to communicate from the Productivity 1000 Series PLC.

Regards,

fieldbus

The drive I have is a rexroth HCS01. I'm told it works with Sercos, Profinet, Ethernet/IP or EtherCAT. There is a protocol string that can be set up based on the drive as I understand it.

We need the exact type no of the Bosch Rexrot drive.
HCS01 cames in "economy", "basic" and "advanced" versions, with varying communication possibilities.
Based on which version, one or several of these protocols are possible:
● Ethernet-based communication with the following supported protocols:
– sercos III
– PROFINET IO
– EtherNet/IP
– EtherCAT
● Alternative communication:
– PROFIBUS DP
– CANopen

The AD Productivity 1000 is not compatible with any of the above !

Hi Jesper, did you have a chance to look at that manual? Section 6-6 has a paragraph that pretty describes exactly what I would like to do...am I missing something?