Rockwell - 56AMXN communication with AutoMax

LAN_1990

Hello,

I'm new to Rockwell ( RSLogix 5000).
In the application there is an 1756-L62 with a 56AMXN-module to communicate to an Reliance Automax PLC.
We need to increase the amount of communicated signals between the systems. But I have no idea how to see how much signals are used and how many I have spare.

I read the manual but can't find the correct information. ( 56amxn-um002_-en-p.pdf )
If it can help, I can add the program.

Kind regards,
Lan_1990

Look at the controller tags associated with the slot where DCSNet card is installed. The in drops and out drops can be cross referenced to see where the data is used, but keep in mind that just because drop data isn't used in the ControlLogix program it's self doesn't mean it's not used. Can you go online with the AutoMax?

finally an AutoMax question...🍺

Oh, and check to see if there's any explicit messaging using that card. You can configure explicit messaging for additional data needed without doing a download to reconfigure the card if that's practical.

Of course, I'm assuming the card is configured for DCSNet, or is it for Reliance RIO?

Hi Automax
I have same kind of problem and I posted a new thread. Someone directed me here

Communication between Automax and RS Logix 5000
Hi
I am working on an upgrade from an old did based system Automax DCS 5000 to Control Logix. As this project has to be done keeping the line in production so I have to produce and consume variables between Automax and RSLogix5000.
Now some areas of line are already upgraded using DCS remote I/O module and 56AMXN cards. These modules are not available anymore. Is there a way to talk from processor to processor. Automax processor have 25 pin connector rs232 and control Logix has 9 pin.
Is it possible?

Sorry for the late reply. You can still get an AutoMax DCSNet ControlLogix card. Just call your local Rockwell distributor and tell them you need a 1756-AMXN quoted through the Rockwell "LSC/SSB" group.