ControlLogix 1756 and sending email

RSL

I need to send email alerts for a lot of alarm conditions in my system. I understand how to configure the MSG etc.

My question is which module to use. I have always used the 1756-ENBT for my systems. There are 2 other choices available for sending email. The 1756-EN2T and the 1756-EWEB.

The module will ONLY send email alerts. It will have no other job. So I do not care about the limitations that some of these choices have. I am only interested in which will send email the best and easiest.

I do not see anything in the litereature that says one can do anything the other can't with regards to email.

Thanks

RSL

All modules will send email, ENBT probably cheapest out of these.
in addition EWEB has configuration via webpage and can use servers that require login.

See ENET-UM001, ENET-UM527
TN 32295 and 30937

Last edited: