Ladder + FBD

weldon

Is it possible to combine ladder and function block on RSLogix 5000? I can do ladder and FB but I have a code where analog and discrete signals are need to be on same rung.

Why not just do it all in FB. I do (almost) all my programming in FB. The AND and OR blocks are designed for booleans, the SEL block is another useful tool when a boolean is needed to select which analog to use in a calculation.
I have programmed whole plants without the need to resort to ladder logic. I find the end result is much more readable and easy to fault find program.
Mind you I haven't used RSLogix for a while (I mainly use Schneider UnityPro) so not sure about there implementation of the FB language.

Hi
In Ab the fb have to be a routine of there own as with sfc, ladder and st.
If you would like your fb on the same rung as your ladder you could create an
AOI. It looks like a fb and i explain to people that they are the same right or wrongly

Donnchadh

I'm not entirely sure I understand your problem -- you can have analog and discrete on the same rung with ladder. What exactly is it that you need to do??