FTV Unable to access alarm configuration for server due to security access violation

mister x

Title pretty much says it all. Just when you think you've hit every FTView landmine, bam. Using V10 SE Local Station. When I create a Tag Alarm and Event Server and double click on the Alarm and Event Setup to bind to server I get the alarm:

"Unable to access alarm configuration for server 'myname' due to security access violation

Server status shows as localhost and failed.

Any ideas?

Had the same issue, same SE Version, when changing the computer's name on Windows and running FT Directory Configuration Wizard to normalize things. Needed a reboot in order to reestablish the alarms.

Iam also facing same issue in client file showing unable to subscribe alarm and event server dialogue box on every window of Client view. Help to solve this 🤧

Kalai_h4, please go and run as Admin with right click this file at this location:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\SilentFTDCW.exe"

A Window will open, and let it do its work by its own. When the progress bar reaches the end, the window will close. Reboot the PC and check.

This .exe is resets and remakes the FactoryTalk Directory configuration from scratch, like it does no a new install of the FT Services. Please be aware that this solution worked on a Stand-Alone Client Station. If you have a distributed architecture, it would be best to debug more a little in a development environment with FTView Studio, and check if the displays are programmed correctly or even if your Application has a Alarm and Event server declared and instanced.

This is what worked for me. If it doesn't help you, I'd recommend to go to the Control Panel, Installed Programs and try to repair (may need installation media or point a folder) FactoryTalk Alarms and Events and later the FactoryTalk Services Platform.

Kalai_h4, please go and run as Admin with right click this file at this location:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Rockwell\SilentFTDCW.exe"

A Window will open, and let it do its work by its own. When the progress bar reaches the end, the window will close. Reboot the PC and check.

This .exe is resets and remakes the FactoryTalk Directory configuration from scratch, like it does no a new install of the FT Services. Please be aware that this solution worked on a Stand-Alone Client Station. If you have a distributed architecture, it would be best to debug more a little in a development environment with FTView Studio, and check if the displays are programmed correctly or even if your Application has a Alarm and Event server declared and instanced.

This is what worked for me. If it doesn't help you, I'd recommend to go to the Control Panel, Installed Programs and try to repair (may need installation media or point a folder) FactoryTalk Alarms and Events and later the FactoryTalk Services Platform.
Thank you now it's working I can able to access alarm server

Last edited: