IDN Parameter Lists for Kinetix 6000 Drives

dcooper33

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I'm looking for a list of ID's for IDN parameters for 2094 series Kinetix drives.

I have found some information in the 2094-um001 manual on RA's website on how use the Sercos IDN Read and Write MSG instructions, but nowhere have I been able to find any information on what drive parameters are available using this service.

I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

I found KB article (ID# 62815) that gives a PDF list of the "standard" IDN #'s. It only lists one of the proprietary IDNs for Allen-Bradley. There is quite a bit of other hoops to jump through apparently to get the rest of THAT list :whistle:

Unfortunately no. I ran it up the flagpole with the local distributor and didn't get much of anywhere.
I was trying to set up a test station where a technician could select a servo motor and application profile from a list of available setups at that facility, plug in the test servo, and then have the motor run an aggressive profile similar to its actual workload, then throw out some diagnostics on the HMI.
The idea is that this would tell the technician whether the motor tested, which presumably had been taken out of production, really needed to be sent out for repair. We went through a TON of servo parts unnecessarily, sacrifices on the altar of managerial impatience. In order to be able to pull that off, economically, I wanted to have a single servo drive that could power any of our range of motors, programmatically set the motor catalog via IDN.

After being told that such a thing was not only unwise, but impossible, I eventually talked to a motion engineer who allowed that it was technically possible, but that RA did not give those tools out to end users due to the liability, etc. Life moved on, the project was abandoned, but I still wonder about it occasionally.