How to mount Panelviews and on-machine IOs in a lab environment?

PreLC

Hello PLCs.net!

I am working on revamping my test bench in the lab, I was wondering if someone has had good luck with mounting panelviews without using a full cabinet? Has anyone used any din rail mounting options? I have Panelview Plus 7, 10".

Also, I have AB 1732e-16cfgm12qcr that I would like to mount. DAE have any luck mounting those as well?

Thanks!
-PreLC

Best option I've had is to fabricate a stand that has a cut out or split shelf for the HMI and some din rail real estate. You can make one fairly quick out of plywood.

Best option I've had is to fabricate a stand that has a cut out or split shelf for the HMI and some din rail real estate. You can make one fairly quick out of plywood.

This is the best option I have seen too.

I'm going to be honest: I leave all that kind of IP65 stuff just sitting on a table, and same for HMIs most of the time.

I've used HMI stands, though, where it's essentially an L bracket like you'd use to hold up a bookshelf. I put the brackets on each side of the HMI, and it happened to more or less fit with the clamps that were intended to mount to the panel.

I would really like to have a bench which can mount stuff all together, that'll be sick.
But otherwise, I guess I can just keep stuff around.

I recently discarded a TV, and have been thinking about re-purposing the wall mount to take my PLC bench setup e.g. put a piece of plywood on the mount, then DIN rail on the plywood, etc. That way it is accessible when needed but pushed back against the wall otherwise.

+1 for plywood or laminated chipboard. Both are easy to procure and work with. If you require some sort of food or hygiene standard for your lab, you may have to get a plate fabricated from SS.

Our test bench area looks like an absolute war zone right now. If someone was testing the hardware you mention; they would probably just hang it from the ceiling by the wires :ROFLMAO:

Here’s a setup holding a 7” PanelView 800. Each side has two 10-32 through an end anchor into mounting clip slots. Screws are intentionally low to pull PV against rail.

236EAB6A-5F40-470A-8155-BBA6294276A5.jpeg