Floppy disk #3

Eugen

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

I have a old Panelmate file I need to identify the tags, I don't have the software.

I had the old floppy's of the Panelmate software comes in three floppy's but #3 does not work :unsure:

Can someone help me to open this file, either you can share the software or maybe open the file and send me some pdf printouts

Glad I could help.

For anyone who might be interested, the HMI involved was a Panel Mate 1000 which went out of production many years ago. The software for programming it is a DOS application. I have it on an old Windows NT laptop for which the ethernet card had a BNC (coax) interface, not Cat5. Being NT, I couldn't use a thumb drive to get Eugen's file copied to the NT machine. I've never had much success formatting a 3.5" floppy to be readable on both the NT machine and any of my other computers. I had to use Hyperterminal to transfer Eugen's file to the NT machine and to get the resulting documentation file back to the computer I use for internet.
Once again finding myself on the leading edge of obsolete technology.

It was only last year that I let go of an IBM PS2 model 70 portable. It used a 386 CPU and featured a huge 10 meg hard drive. It also had a parallel interface card for communications with GE Series Six PLCs. I sold it to the facility where I believe is one of the last Series Six PLCs still in operation in New England.

That is AWESOME Steve - I have a co-worker who is similiar to you! He keeps all of the old Toshiba Satellites around with the floppy drive in case of an IT disaster - but that never happens does it?

Good to see that there are some good people out there - but it sounds like that old Panelmate has to go - possibly an internal project and have fun doing it -

> I've never had much success formatting a 3.5" floppy to be readable on both the NT machine and any of my other computers.

Steve, have you tried a 'shareware' application called VGACopy?
In the past, I found it useful for formatting/copying various 3.5" diskettes.

> I've never had much success formatting a 3.5" floppy to be readable on both the NT machine and any of my other computers.

Back in Windows 95 I remember if a floppy was formatted on a Win95 computer it could not be read by the Win3.1 computers. But 95 could use 3.1 floppies.

Been a few years back and I think that is correct, but it might have been WinME vs Win95 - but the floppies could not be used on the earlier versions.