Siemens CP343-1 Lean S7 connection to OPC Server

orense

Hi all,

I have a CPU315-2 PN/DP with a CP card, which is CP343-1 Lean.
I have a PI server and am trying to connect to the Lean card.
I can ping the card so I know the cabling is working, but I am unable to connect using the PI connector for S7 protocol or via OPC UA.
I have used the default port number 4840, but am wondering if I should use 48010 instead.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Hi,

Thanks for that. Will try once I am back on site tomorrow.

I am using the CP in an extended rack built on a IM361 module, so the rack is 1, slot 11. The CPU is on rack 0 and slot 2.

Are there any other details you were thinking of?
There is not much more to specify, except the IP address, at least not in the CP configuration.

It doesnt matter that the CP is in a different slot.
You must specify the rack/slot of the CPU, and it is always 0/2 on an S7-300.

I think that the expansion IMs for S7-300 comes in versions with and without K-bus. Or is it for S7-400 ? I dont remember. Cant check it right now since I am away from my work PC. It could be worth checking that you have the right IM. Can you go online with the CPU via the CP ?

It doesnt matter that the CP is in a different slot.
You must specify the rack/slot of the CPU, and it is always 0/2 on an S7-300.

I think that the expansion IMs for S7-300 comes in versions with and without K-bus. Or is it for S7-400 ? I dont remember. Cant check it right now since I am away from my work PC. It could be worth checking that you have the right IM. Can you go online with the CPU via the CP ?

Pretty sure that's the 400, with two busses. As far as I know, S7-300 has only 1 bus, and I think it's pretty much crappy MPI.

Since you have PN/DP CPU, you could try to connect CPU's IP. If it connects to PLC port then you have error somewhere

Hello, I have a very similar setup, with CPU313C-2DP and a CP 343-1 Advanced. I am using the settings as explained by JesperMP. I hope the screenshot below will be helpful. Even confirmed with a non-Siemens tool that communication settings are correct.

2020-04-08_S7-300_sys.jpg

Pretty sure that's the 400, with two busses. As far as I know, S7-300 has only 1 bus, and I think it's pretty much crappy MPI.
The S7-300 also has both P-bus and K-bus, with the K-bus being essentially MPI. Outside Siemens not much is known about the P-bus but it is used to address the regular I/O. Years back I think that I saw someone post about it working the same as the backplane on S5-100U.
IM360 + IM361 connects both K-bus and P-bus.
IM365 connects only P-bus.

The S7-300 also has both P-bus and K-bus, with the K-bus being essentially MPI. Outside Siemens not much is known about the P-bus but it is used to address the regular I/O. Years back I think that I saw someone post about it working the same as the backplane on S5-100U.
IM360 + IM361 connects both K-bus and P-bus.
IM365 connects only P-bus.

Huh, good to know. Thnx

Hi again,

A small update on this.
Seems like the infrastructure on the outside between the plc and our Scada goes through some firewall, where our IT department first has to determine how they need it to work. So for the moment I’m a bit stalled on this. I’ll bring it back up if needed when I’m getting around to having the OPC in the Scada reading data.

Thanks for now