Configure AB Sercos Module

jthornton

I have a 1768-M04E Sercos module that in the Module Info tab for configured it says no. I have RSLogix 5000. How do you configure the Sercos module?

When I open a drive and click on the Module Info tab I get an error the module can not be found the path specified is invalid.

On the Sercos module the cp led blinks red/green and the other two blink green. The Sercos document states:
Did you configure the module?
NO — Use RSLogix 5000 software to configure the module.
YES — Check the configuration of the module and drives in RSLogix 5000 software.

Edit: the drives are Kinetix 2000

Thanks
JT

Last edited:
Here is all the I/O
IO.jpg

JT

I assume he's commenting on the difference between the module number you stated and the one that actually shows in the picture… I'm not sure 1768-M04E is even a valid module number

Can't particularly help you with the actual problem unfortunately; I've interacted with a grand total of 1 Sercos system in my life, it was already in service and I never had to touch the configuration.

Yes an obvious typo on my part with the model number in the first post.

This is the first time I've ever laid eyes on a Sercos module...

JT

Last edited: