Modulating valves

nonuke

I have 10 modulating valves with a 0-10V Input.
I would like to use these valves as ON/OFF valves:
0VDC - valve closes
10VDC - Valve opens 100%

Do I have to use an D/A converter unit for each valve, or do you have a cheaper solution?
(all the digital inputs of the D/A will be low or high)

...you sure about that?...:unsure:...sell them and you could probably use only 1/10 of the "income" to buy x solenoid valves...that's 90% profit...🍻
"Your available voltage"VAC-to-10 VDC Power Supply with Rated Output Current higher than the proportional valve's maximum drawn current...if you want to operate more then one at a time, add the maximum current values when establishing the Power Supply rated output current...they won' close/open as fast as a "bang-bang"er and you might burn them up in due process...use DC required current rated, dry contact relays as individual control devices...

Last edited:
Thank you guys.
I which I could replace the valves by solenoid, but the client has the valves already installed and working with another system.
Where can I find a 10V power supply? I can only find 24V, 12 and 5V.

Thank you guys.
I which I could replace the valves by solenoid, but the client has the valves already installed and working with another system.
Where can I find a 10V power supply? I can only find 24V, 12 and 5V.

If the 5 volt supplies have an isolated output you could use two supplies and connect the 5 volt outputs in series.

Last edited:
Once again, thank you all for your help.
Since I'm in Europe, I have found this one.

Tell the client he uses too expensive valves, but you can make it.
What PLC are you using?
as many plc can only run on 24 volt outputs.
some you can use with outside power.
first tr y this as it could happen the valve is banging around due to the squarewave. (if this occurs use a capacitor, it will slow down the signal)
as interface you can use relais.
you could also sell him a nice arduino with PWM modulating valves (depending on the job)