RedLion G3 to Click PLC RS485 problems

easystreet

Hell ALL,

I am having problems setting up comms between Redlion G306 and Automation Direct Click PLC.

If the drop numbers (and baud etc) are set identically in both the HMI and PLC then both the Tx and Rx on the PLC lights blink. (indicating PLC is ok?)

If the drop number assigned to the PLC slave is anything other than '0' (in the HMI comport set up as assigned to the Click) then I get CommError=2 on the HMI.

Because the numbering system on the Click starts at 1 and not 0 I can not get the lights to blink and the CommError to = 0 at the same time....???

Please Help Me!

I have successfully used a G304K2 with a Click, so it WILL work.

Here are screenshots of the settings I used. See if yours match.

🍻

-Eric

CrimsonSettings1.jpg CrimsonSettings2.jpg ClickSettings.jpg

I think I just used a 3 conductor shielded cable. My G304K2 series has a different pinout than your G306, but that technote should be correct for which pins to use on the G306 end. Just don't use those communication settings.

🍻

-Eric