AD Productivity Question

rdrast

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've never used one, but I have a very large, distributed system to plan, and I just can't justify the cost of AB over AD, so I'm probably going to take the plunge..

Is there any decent method of doing a PWM output with Productivity? Or, is there a relatively simple interface module to go from an analog output to PWM?

Nothing fast, 60Hz to 1000Hz would be the maximum frequency, just going to control some damper actuators.

Looking through the high-speed I/O instructions, I don't see anything that will allow you to send a continuous string of pulses. I remember needing a PWM for a project a while ago, and doing it with a ML1400 by enabling JOG in the PTO function, and varying the frequency.

I think external analog to PWM modules is probably the simplest solution.

🍻

-Eric

Aye, it is looking so (external PWM module that is). A little bit messier, but /shrug... it's just for a building management system, not going to be seen often.

Admittedly I'm completely green with the Productivity series but have been on the fence about trying them...but isn't a PWM the same as a quadrature output which the P3-HSO does?

Not from what I can determine; the quadrature output can control frequency, but not pulse width, which is what these old actuators run on.

And I've not used the Productivity series either, but at 15% the cost of an equivalent AB system, for this job it is worth a shot.

I've used the Domore a lot and have been extremely happy with them. In fact I'm building a panel with one of them right now. The Productivity has some additional capabilities such as motion but I haven't had an application to use it on yet. Let me know how it goes.