Factorytalk tags

hanseriksson

This is my first time with factorytalk and i can not get my plc tags to appear in the offline or online folder in factorytalk tag Browser
i have watched several youtube videos and read the manual for facktorytalk
but still cant get it to work. i get acces to timers and system tags but no physical i/o tags appear RS 5000 v20 Factorytalk 6

The tags you trying to access are they global or local scope?
You will not be able to browse to local scoped tags, however they still can be used in FT.

1.png

Thanks for the help
the tags are controller tags i think thats global
i think the communication is set up right, but i will double check again

how about internal tags would they show up??

if i want a indicator light to turn on on the him screen i would like to use the output bit in rs 5000( local 3 O: Data 1) or maybe that's not how its done

Last edited:
i did manage to get some tags to appear but only when i made the tags in the main program folder and i can only make them show up after i down loaded to the controller

saving the program offline dose not make the tags appear

tag.PNG

The FactoryTalk View Studio "tag browser" should be able to browse tags both online in the controller and offline in the *.ACD file.

The Tag Browser runs through RSLinx Enterprise, just like the communication to the actual PLC.

The Tag Browser needs a valid Shortcut to a controller, and it needs to have the *.ACD file called out in the field at the bottom of the RSLinx Enterprise configuration screen.

Because you are able to browse to tag online, it's clear that you have a Shortcut that works.

So double-check the path to the *.ACD file in that window. It needs to be set manually; it doesn't look to an open file in Studio 5000.

Be sure it's a path to a local drive, not a networked drive.

I did try a new set up new plc program and new factorytalk application

Still ends up the same way no offline tags i do save the program refresh all folders but no change the ACD file is on my laptop

FT com setup.PNG

offline.PNG

online.PNG

i did try something i saved a copy of the file in a diffrent folder and used that for my offline shortcut and it seams to work
as i have rs 5000 open and the file i used for a short cut open maybe that was why it did not work now i have to remember to save the file in that location too