Question with COP instruction in Logix500

busarider29

Lifetime Supporting Member
Greetings from Michigan,

I have to edit some code that was not written by me. The existing code works but I'm hazy on exactly what is going on and/or how it works. Can someone briefly describe how the attached code works. I'm more hazy on what's going on with the COP instruction and how this is working here. The instruction documentation doesn't quite describe it written/coded this way (?).

Thanks you

COP instruction.jpg

the source in COP instruction is called indirect addressing.
the value after the colon in the (source in COP) have vale of N7:59.
Example:
N7:140 ------- DEst N7:133
N7:141 ------- DEst N7:133
N7:142 ------- DEst N7:133
The increment value depends on the C5:5.ACC value
the posted runs will increment every scan.

the source in COP instruction is called indirect addressing.
the value after the colon in the (source in COP) have vale of N7:59.
Example:
N7:140 ------- DEst N7:133
N7:141 ------- DEst N7:133
N7:142 ------- DEst N7:133
The increment value depends on the C5:5.ACC value
the posted runs will increment every scan.

Ahhh...thank you. Got it now. :geek: