powerflex4m drive communication with slc503

victorrunPLC

what cable and what module do I need to have the powerflex4m drive communication with slc503, I now have 22-scm-232 and 22-RJ45CBL-C20 CABLE, Does anyone know an economic solution, thanks

You will need an RS-232 port on your computer.

Almost no modern PCs have these built in. I prefer a USB/RS-232 converter made by Keyspan/Tripp-Lite, the USA-19HS.

It's a few bucks more expensive than the cheap devices on the market, but the utility included with it and the overall stability have saved me thousands of dollars in time and hassle.

It's compatible with most A-B and other RS-232 based protocols and devices except for Data Highway 485 (which needs a special purpose protocol converter, the 1747-UIC).