Panelview Plus 600 Config Problem

Meeks

I have a Panelview Plus 600 screen that I have downloaded a file to without a Goto Config button. It is a keypad/touchscreen style and I have tried all of the techniques that I have read on here to get the screen to go to the config sceen on start-up or when it is running the application. None of them seem to work. I have tried pressing the Left and Right keys at the same time, L&R keys with Enter, F1 and Up key on start-up...none of these work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If your communication channels still work, the easiest thing to do is download a new application (one with a Configuration button) and check the box marked "Run Application when Download Completes". This resets the terminal and runs the new application.

In fact, I keep an *.MER file handy with a single display and a Config button.

There is also a technique using an external CompactFlash card to perform an auto-run batch file that deletes all the runtime files. When the PV+ is rebooted, it will fail to find the runtime and will go into Configuration mode. This procedure and the autoexec files (different ones for 400/600 and the 700/1000/1250/1500) can be found in the Knowledgebase by searching on the terms "PV+ Configuration Screen".

Use the RSView ME Runtime Transfer Tool to upload your existing runtimes (you might want them for later, I assume) and then use the second method to wipe out all the runtimes stored in the onboard flash memory, so that the terminal will boot up, not find the current runtime, then go to configuration mode.

I have done this dozens of times and it works fine.

Use the RSView ME Runtime Transfer Tool to upload your existing runtimes (you might want them for later, I assume) and then use the second method to wipe out all the runtimes stored in the onboard flash memory, so that the terminal will boot up, not find the current runtime, then go to configuration mode.

I have done this dozens of times and it works fine.

I think its a panelview standard terminal

The terminal is definitely stated in the original post to be a PanelView Plus terminal.

I am confident that the procedures I described will work. I have used them many times.