AB PLC 5/40-E OPC Comm Issue

ahnerrj

We have a small number of PI3 tags configured to read a 5/40-E. The tags read "Bad" in PI. When I use a PI (OSI product) OPC monitoring tool to read the tags which by-passes the PI3 system (interface node), I receive a "Bad-00000000" value for quality. Therefore, I don't believe the problem lies with PI. We experienced a mill wide power outage which most likely caused this problem. The configuration on the PI communication node was never changed (the tags read bad on startup).
Is there an OPC component in the PLC that could cause this problem? I can ping the PLC from the OPC interface node, and the PI interface software starts up and connects with no errors. I can also use RSLinx from the interface node to read good data from the integer registers. It seems the PI system is rejecting the data it receives.

Any ideas???