raised floor in control room

I think I'll pass on this one, but I like the way you've squeezed two people into the smallest office! :mad:

Would it not be more like building regulations you need to be looking at? :confused:

G.

Id say if its for flooding then whatever height you use - the flood will be at least double that

We call it sods law in the UK

The question you need to be asking is what is the raised floor being used for. In several facilities I worked in, the area under the floor was also the air plenum for HVAC. If that is the case here that will dictate what heights you will need.

I've typically seen 12" to 16". This seemed sufficient for most cases I've been involved with.

Remember the OP said optimum.

From my experience the optimum would be seven feet - this way you do not need to lay on the floor and have people step on you. AND for Petes sake put in some lighting.

Dan Bentler

The old IBM mainframe servers had a 3' space under the floor for all the cables going back and forth. On the other hand, I have designed factory control rooms with no underfloor space (cables routed in ceiling and down through vertical wireways).

Many ways for solving.
1. Decide the amount of cables that will be running there and the needed height(When I get the value, I'll multiply it with 1.2-1.3, just for future reservation)
2. If you have preliminary info about the cables, just select raised floor system(if you use a ready one, but not building it on your own) and check which type of "legs" for the floor will match your needs
3. Even though the answer "7 feet" is the best, you can always check, or change a cable without bending or crawling.

If a large project, just calculate some minimal height and let the architect chose the rest

Dear all,

thank you for your valuable responses, however, I was thinking that 7 feet which is 2m for a raised floor that would be passing cables only, seemed I guess quite a height....I would go for 12' = 30 cm would be fair I guess.

good day,