Red Lion G3

ArikBY

Hello Everybody

I Have Red Lion G3 HMI which I installed now in TX.
The unit programed in Israel and worked fine.
The problem is, when I came to install my line I hade to change IP to the factory net.
I try to connect to the panle by USB.The PC install the USB driver but when I come to download the project I get error.
I try also trhu Ethernet but same problen.
The unit start and show the screens.
Somebody have the same problem?

Hi arikBY, do you have the ethernet port mode disabled while trying to connect with usb? Also have you set up the programming port correctly for usb? Red Lion has great tech support, they can help resolve the issue if this does not help. I'm sure it will be something simple when you find it. Good luck.

Last edited:
Go to Link > Options and make sure that USB is selected

G3USB.jpg

After that connect the USB to the G3 go to Link > Extract and if Support Upload hasnt been Disabled you will extract the application from the G3, from there go to Comms to set up the Ethernet IP. If you want to upload/download through Ethernet then remember to enable the IP Download Box.

G3Ethernet.jpg

Last edited:
You can always call the local guys Automated Dynamics Corp and they will be glad to stop by and get you up and running.

Ask for Scott or Drew.
(866) 929-3702

Joe_WaZoo

What error did you get when you tried to download?

Also, when programming with USB, there are 2 drivers that need to be installed. One is for the unit while it is in its bootloader (when the G3 logo is on the screen), and another when a database is running in the unit. Both drivers are in the same location (C:\Program Files\Red Lion Controls\Crimson 2.0\Device). It is very common for customers to overlook installing the second driver.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks evrebody

I found the way to reset the unit(Thanks to my freind Sam in Israel) by pressing the upper buttons and switching the power on.
All the memory was clear.
Then I just download my file again.
and it work just fine.

The driver was set corectly and can be seen on divice maneger.
The massege say "no respon from remote unite".
BTW I try to send the file thru ethernet but it still dont work.
Any idea?

Does the unit have have Ethernet download enabled? Are you trying to program through Ethernet, were you on the same network as the G3? If not, is there port forwarding set up in the router/firewall that would allow you to program it from outside the network?

Regards,
Dan

Hi Dan

My PLC PC & HMI on the same network.and work fine.
In the link I wrote the IP of the unite.
I give me error say the port can not be open"

It sounds like remote update is not enabled. Go to the communications section in Crimson 2, then click on Ethernet. On the bottom of the right-hand side, you can enable the remote update and select the TCP port to be used. After downloading one more time using USB or 232, you will be to download via Ethernet.

Regards,
Dan