You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old February 17th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #1
02js4130
United Kingdom

Siemens s7-300 ppi connection masters detected

HI,

I am new to Siemens and having difficulties connection to the S7-300. I have recently been connecting to the 200 without a problem so assumed that establishing communications with the 300 would be similar.

This PLC is out of an old control panel and is currently sitting on a desk.

Hardware i am using is the siemens rs232/ppi Multi-master Cable running in to my laptop USB with an Omron serial converter. (Which was fine for the S7-200)

so i am using PC/PPI able PPI.1 (COM3) interface

And when i refresh the PLC shows as UNKNOWN address:2 187.5 kbps which tells me there is some form of communication. The error comes in the form of:

Masters have been detected on this network. Searching all baud rates is not advisable because a network could occur. To search all baud rates, remove or disable all masters.

Please could someone tell me how to overcome this issue, also what is it referring to as a master??
Old February 17th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #2
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02js4130 View Post
so assumed that establishing communications with the 300 would be similar.
Not even close.... the 300 uses different software and cabling, depends on the CPU but you will be using Profinet, Profibus or MPI, also the software for 200 is MicroWin and you will need Step7 V5.5 or TIA portal (pro) for S7300 PLC's
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, Fluke Meters, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more... all your automation needs... ((NEW)) After Market 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+ and Gateways
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum