Non - AB Protocol Send / Receive on Ethernet in SLC / CompactLogix

PMCR

Is it possible to send/receive non - AB protocol commands on Ethernet from a Compact Logix, MicroLogix, or other processor? I have looked at the MSG instruction, but this does not seem to support non - AB protocols.
Specifically, there is a 3rd party RFID controller that uses SQL commands over Ethernet to communicate with the RF tags.
I am used to the 'Socket Services' function of the Omron CS1 / CJ1 ETN21 modules which support this function, and I cannot find a similar function in AB.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I have writen a serial driver for the Mitsubishi QJ71c24n-r2 module. The driver controls a pump, that requires serveral commands. The software has...
Replies
Views
if we need to take back up of Siemens CPU(s7300 /s7400) with non siemens slave profibus nodes without their gsd files and when we restore it in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have installed a SICK AFM60A-S4IB018x12 encoder to Allen-Bradley CompactLogix PLC and configured its parameters via AOI provided by...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to understand a couple of things with a feedback signals that are used in a SRP/CS that I'm working with. Quick disclaimer: I'm...
Replies
Views
Hello, has anyone ever been caught in this situation? You have redundant CPUs, fieldbus is PROFINET, there are some devices which don't have the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom