Communication bet S7-400 and PC using NI opc server

prasad.shukre

Hi All,

I am developing a SCADA for siemens S7-400( 412.2) plc. For this project i used NI opc server to build scada. My problem is that NI opc server support for serial, ethernet or modem. But siemens stopped their production for MPI serial adapter. IN NI opc server i don't have any settings to configure USB MPI adapter. How will i configure USB MPI adapter in NI opc server? Is siemens povide some drivers which support USB for NI opc Server?? Or there are another hardware (except Ethernet module)which can i use??

Prasad

There is CP5611 (PCI), CP5621 (PCI express) and CP5711 (USB).
They all require that you use Simatic Softnet, and not the NI OPC server. The common Siemens PC Adapter USB will not work with Simatic Softnet.

There are also 3rd party Ethernet/MPI adapters. Look for Deltalogic and IBH. I dont know if NI will work with any of these. If not, they have their own OPC servers.

Since the NI software supports ethernet, then you could add a CP443-1 to the S7-400 rack. Expensive though.