PanelView 1500 Plus redundancy through Ethernet

vel_sathish

Hi,
We have two SLC 5/05 processors (Redundancy through Backup Scanner Module) with One HMI (Panel View 1500 Plus) via Ethernet communication.
My Problem is, when i am trying to switchover from primary to secondary processor my HMI has not communicating with the processors. How I can configure the HMI to resolve this probelm? Can anyone help me in this regard?

Which software are you using to communicate between the SLC 5/05 and the PanelView Plus? If you are using RSLinx Enterprise, then the version of Enterprise that you are using may not be able to handle redundancy.

This is because in RSLinx Entrprise, each shortcut is configured to one specific processor. In your hot backup situation, Linx Enterprise cannot easily determine between the two SLCs (I'm assuming that the SLCs have different IP addresses, right?)

If you use RSLinx Classic to communicate with the redundant SLCs, you can then use topic switching to make sure that the switchover occurs smoothly.

If you have RSLinx Enterprise, you may be able to build HMI screens that have 2 layers of graphics: one layer that is visible when the primary controller is active, and one layer that is visible when the secondary controller is active. However, I would be cautious in going down that road, because programming the HMI in this way can get quite tricky...

Hope this helps you get started.

Rick