Problem opening a .ap11 file

Holmux

Lifetime Supporting Member
My first work using Siemens TIA portal and I have a problem that I hope I can get some help with :)

I need to make a few changes in a program at a costumer, the program runs in a ET200S CPU and is made with TIA portal v11, so far so good.

I made a fresh TIA portal v11 installation with WinCC comfort and updated the installation with update 2.

When I try to open the program file i get a message that I need to install WinCC Basic or comfort v11 update 2, I am going a little bit in circles with this installation.

Can I choose to go all in and get the latest TIA portal, with all the bells and whistles and upgrade the program to a newer version ? or am I stuck with version 11?

Thanks
/Holm

Does it say "V11 Update 2" or is it "V11 SP2" ?
There is a huge difference
If you go all in and update to V15, you'll probably have to reset the CPU, before you can download the new project

Can I choose to go all in and get the latest TIA portal, with all the bells and whistles and upgrade the program to a newer version ? or am I stuck with version 11?

Thanks
/Holm

V13 SP1 will open V11 but nothing newer will. For example if you decide to go with or V14 or V15 you would have to upgrade your project to V13 SP1 first then upgrade that to the newer version.

error123.png ok.png

It got pretty late last night, but I also learned the trick with version 14 and 15 won't open a version 11.

So for the future it might be a good idea to have a version 13 sp1 installed anyway, in case you run into older stuff.

I did some investigating into the installation and it seems like i am having some problems getting the version 11 to install correctly, I will try my older laptop win 7 or my XP laptop.

I have a V10.5 and I use a win xp laptop for this. I never had the a win 11 but it should run on both xp and win 7. I run v14 now on win 7 and it works perfectly.