Hilscher DPM (Profibus Master) on AB Compactlogix.

shaunn

Hi All,

Has anyone had experience with the Hilscher DPM Profibus Scanner for AB Compactlogix?

I am attempting to use one to add a Profibus network to an existing AB system but cannot seem to get any config to download to the DPM - really frustrating.

Thanks,
Shaun.

Yes, it's connected to a CPU. The IO config has been set up as per the manual. However it faults straight away.
I am also having difficulty with the SYCON software. When I try to download a Profibus module, I keep getting an error 37 - User: Parameter Mode Invalid.
Surely you can download a hardware config succesfully without having the processor talking to it yet?

Hi All, problem solved! hats off to the support dept at Hilscher (who managed to respond eventually!)

In any case, it seems the problem lay with a missing softwar elicense that was supposed to be shipped onboard the DPM card itself. After manually typing in the key, it all seems OK now.

hi, all i have a problem with the download of applicaton on hilscher via comPro V2.225 , after download of application on hilscher Type: PKV 30-DPS , every thing is okay and two leds ready and run light , if i discouneted the power surce and reconected again the led " ERROR1" is light , i repeated these stepes again and the same case of Hilscher repeated that the led " ERROR1" .
pls. any body help me what i do about it