Wondware Intouch Tag Dotfields in Archestra?

bgspringer

Hello All!

I am trying to create an analog display in Archestra that will automatically pull the Intouch tag properties and display them as part of the display.

For example, I would like the engineering units of the tag to be shown on the archestra display as a text string next to the actual numeric value. If I was to do this within the Intouch animation link system, it would be something to the effect of Tagname.EngUnits. However, I am so far unsuccessful at accessing the dotfields of an intouch tag from an archestra element. I have a custom property set for the symbol as "Value", which allows me to see the current value for an analog (real) tag. If I have a custom property which relates to a text value, I can directly reference the dotfield. This requires me to input the tagname multiple times when dropping in the archestra graphic and introduces more chances of error when assigning hundreds of tags.

Is there any way to insert an Archestra symbol into Intouch and only assign the tagname, but pull multiple tagname fields from the dictionary?

Thanks for your help in advance!

If your graphics are embedded in the objects you don't need to assign the name. As it would use me.references when embedding them into pages. Are you using smartsymbols and using ioreferencing to link Intouch symbols to objects?

What versions are you using?

Well, good question. I'm using Wonderware 2012 development, so whatever versions of Archestra and Intouch are native to that installation.

I'm taking a basic 6digit meter that has a label, and trying to get the label to pull the engineering units of whatever tag I assign when I drop the Archestra symbol into a window in Window Maker.

My current work-around is assigning the tag PRESSURE to the Value property reference, and the "tag" PRESSURE.EngUnits to the EngUnits property reference. This allows me to use the Substitute Tags/References command within Window Maker to swap only the one tagname, as it changes both references within the object/symbol.

I'm not using (insofar as I understand them) Intouch Smartsymbols anywhere. To utilize my creations I right-click within Wonderware and hit "Embed Archestra Graphic" to drop the button/meter/etc. into the window.

I would use the me.references within a template symbol. I think that will be the best way to embed the graphics.

So basically that your template object has the graphic with all the me.references the graphic should be propagated to all your children objects.

If you embed out of that child object it will automatically reference the me. whatever to the object. That means you can use the same references for all these types regardless of the variables.

Create a symbol in the graphic toolbox which has the me.references. The embed this in the template object. Now when you create a child object this will already be part of that child object.

This is how we have done some of our objects. You can see we also have a UDA where you can specify how many decimal places you want to display.

Analog.jpg

Hello guys
I got the same problem and I'm not able to get Rheinhardt's solution to function. I still need to insert the tagname multiple times, i.e. to each custom properties.
How is the "Me.*" connected to the tagname in the "value" field?
Must there be a script associated?

Ps. I work with two value displays, a Tag value display and EngUnits display.

The graphic with the me.references is created in a host template. When you derive a new instance it resolves the tagname as the name of the object that you are embedding from. you graphic with the me.attribute reference done in the object you are trying to embed.

Thanks for your reply
I understand what you're saying, but as I'm only working with Archestra graphic and not system platform objects I don't see how me.* can be used to display the properties of a tagname dictionary tag.

There is a syntax for accessing Intouch tag database from ArchestrA Objects. I don't have access right now to the application where I've done this so I can't confirm that exact syntax.

Intouch:tagname.EU