1756-DNB with 1734-ADN

phuz

I'm playing around with some DeviceNet stuff on my test bench and just got a 1734-ADN. I forgot the ADN was AutoBaud, so that's a nice feature. I have a 6' cable between the two adapters with terminating resistors. When browsing in Linx, I can see the 1734-ADN as well as a single IO module that I have installed (1734-IA4). However, when I scan the network in RSNetworx, the adapter shows up (node 11), but no IO modules.

Are you using a licensed version of RSNetworks, or Grace Mode/Demo.

It's been a long while since I had dealings with DeviceNet and RSNetworks, but I believe the unlicensed (unactivated) version will only allow up to 6 nodes. Whether this means nodes 0 to 5 or not I cannot remember.

There is also a setting in RSNetworks that limits the scan... that may be stopping your I/O module at node 11 being seen if it has been set below 11

No, it's fully licensed. It turns out that I needed to add the device bridging file to make it work for the ADN's own internal DeviceNet. I never remembered having to do this before and I looked back at the only project I've ever done with DeviceNet PointIO and we used the 1734-PDN (passthrough module). Taught myself something new. 🍻

Hi phuz,

I'm glad to hear that you got their yourself. I had actually read your post late last night and said I'd reply you some time today, if I had the time - to outline the bridging file you required for this setup.

Either way, and as you have not outlined exactly what you did, here is a link to some more info on the setup, should you or others wish to know more...

Adding Point I/O to an existing Devicenet Network?

Regards,
George

Hi phuz,

I'm glad to hear that you got their yourself. I had actually read your post late last night and said I'd reply you some time today, if I had the time - to outline the bridging file you required for this setup.

Either way, and as you have not outlined exactly what you did, here is a link to some more info on the setup, should you or others wish to know more...

Adding Point I/O to an existing Devicenet Network?

Regards,
George

Thanks for the link. (y)