Opening and closing time for motor brake

aand74

I have an asynchronous motor of 5.5 Kw with integrated motor brake (Siemens 1LA5). What should I set for the opening and closing times of the brake in the brake control function in the drive (Sinamics S120) :
should it be 100ms, 200ms, 300ms, 400ms,500ms?
Any experiences?

Depends on the brake rectifier and the way you wire it normally. In the motor datasheet should be written (or in the brake manual) depending of the manufacturer.

It depends on the mass and speed, as the brake should only be used to hold in position.
meaning you have to stop with motor, and then apply brake.
for starting the motor needs enrgizing first and the open brake.

Similar Topics

Hi Can anyone send me 5 or 6 graphics for a valve showing the following states for TIA Portal v15.1 wincc open opening close closing faulted...
Replies
Views
I tried searching but either there aren't any answers out there for my Google-fu isn't up to snuff. My customer has a laptop with Labview set up...
Replies
Views
This is for a tank fill application that has a PVC ball valve at present. The operators often open the valve and forget about it, overfilling a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We are using a sliding gate valve with digital positioner to feed air to our system. The process requires air to be supplied slowly for...
Replies
Views
hi, i have seen a door which is closed or opened by using switches, i wanted to know whether they use plc for it, as i was not able to find the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom