CP1H - Sending data from plc to computer

teknok

Hello everyone,

I have Omron CP1H plc and I have ethernet communication with a computer. I'm using CP1W-CIF41 ethernet communication board. I can send FINS commands to PLC and I can upload my PLC program through CX-Programmer. My problem begins with when I want to send data from plc to the computer. I can't find a proper solution. I need this because I want to know if something occurs in plc. So plc can send data to my computer and I can take proper action. It is approprite for me to listen a port from computer (UDP port or TCP port) and take data from plc with it.

Firstly have read the W342-E1-14 manual (communicatons reference) and there is someting like " When the Ethernet option board (CP1W-CIF41) is used, a FINS command
issued from a PLC or computer on the network can be received via the Ethernet option board, but cannot be issued via the Ethernet option board.". I understand from that I can't send fins command from plc through my CP1W-CIF41. So I can' t use SEND(090) command.

I want sending any data from plc to the computer. It doesn't have to be FINS command. I tried OMRON Function Block "UPD Open: ETN_011". But I can't open UDP port. The block's busy flag becomes 1 and then 0. Error flag doesn't become 1 and OK flag doesn't become 1. I wonder if I am making mistake with the Function Block's paremeters or it arises from the fact that we can't send fins commands from plc to computer with CP1W-CIF41. Coud anyone can advice me some solution?

Thanks in advance..

Common (& could be said as normal) practice is to have the computer poll the PC for the data.
There are many methods of doing this, you could buy something that is already configured to do this, or create you own. There are plenty of examples & utlities available to do this.

Thanks for replies.

I haven't tried excel macro or computer polling. But I need sending data from plc. Ofcourse, repeatly reading a memory block from plc is a option. But this makes load on server computer, so what I need is sending data from plc only something occurs. For example, the host computer can wait for connection request (listen UDP or TCP port) and the connection establishes when plc sends message. Host computer must only wait for plc message.

Is there any solution to achieve this?

Thanks.