Hex / Decimal conversions

I've got a BRU drive I'm toying with, setting it up to operate from a Unitronics M90.

I'd like to be able to set indexing distances via host commands, maximum of 32000, of course.

My problem is, the M90 does everything in decimal, and the BRU does everything in Hex. The M90 can display decimal values as Hex, but cannot do an actual Hex / Decimal conversion.

Does anybody know a way around this? Is there a way to get the BRU to communicate in decimal? Is there a good routine to convert the bases that an M90 could handle (basic math only)?

I've got a few ideas, but they involve multiple compares and alot of rungs of math, kind of a sledgehammer approach. Anybody got anything elegant?

Thanks!

TM

Similar Topics

I am using a Micro 850E PLC (the new one with implicit messaging capability) to drive a Kinetix 5100 servo drive. The error code number on the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to convert hex values to decimal. I am reading in values from 232ASC module. They come in on ___:4:I: Data[0] & ___:4:I: Data[1]...
Replies
Views
Hey All, i have been fortunate enough to play around with an Applied Motion Products Servo Drive SV200 with 100 watt/ 24vdc congif. I managed...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm using Mitsubishi FX5U with a GOT HMI. I need to enter values on HMI in decimal format then convert to HEX for use on a Modbus RTU link...
Replies
Views
Hi all, great forum I'm learning all the time on here. I'm having a problem with a g308 in that I can read the data in hex, but when I try to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom