Omron NT 20s Touch Screen

Gunner

I am having trouble downloading to an NT 20S touch screen.

After I set the screen to transfer mode and start the download the following appears on the screen

Tool - PT transfer evaluating data
0 KB

and on the PC the following message appears

Transferring data

After a short time another message appears on th PC

PT has flash ROM memory ok to delete

After I press the enter key to continue the message on the screen disappears and the PC message appears

Transferring Data

After a short time The PC message comes up

unable to transfer data

There are no other error messages at all.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could possibly be wrong?
I have RTFM and searched various sites but have come up blank

any help would be very much appreciated

regards

Gunner

It's been a while, but I seem to remember that in this situation, you need to go through the screen menus and "Initialize memory". Downside, it erases whatever is in there, but on the upside, I've always been able to write to it afterwards.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Jordan

Did you initialise all memory areas before attempting a download? There are several areas.

Problem still exists, I have read and re-read the manual.

I can't even upload from a good screen in service.

It has to be a problem with my software/ ancient laptop.

I think its time to give the Rep a call, I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the help so far.

Gunner
banghead

the last time i looked at an omron nt i had to set up the laptop's com port, something like 9600baud, even parity 2 stop bits. i also tried 3 cables we had here before getting the right one, they were all omron (don't have numbers handy, sorry). didn't have to initialise any memory on mine?