IDEC FC2A-C16A1 & WindLDR software

technolog

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi, we have an IDEC Micro3 FC2A-C16A1 PLC from which we need to get an upload. Is anyone able to confirm that WindLDR is the correct software and if so are there specific versions I need for the FC2A-C16A1?

I've done a bit of searching, hoping that the software might be available as a free download but had no luck so far. WindLDR (part# FC9Y-LP2CDW) does appear to be for sale at a few places - Allied & OnlineComponents for example. It doesn't say what version it is but says on the datasheet that it's for all IDEC PLCs. Is anyone able to confirm that it will work?

https://www.onlinecomponents.com/idec/fc9ylp2cdw-11549355.html

It looks like Geniusintraining has a cable for sale for $150.

I believe the FC3A uses OpenNet which is an option in the WinLDR I'm currently in v8.8.0 part of Automation Organizer V2. I think I'm a bit behind as I haven't had WinLDR open in a year but it should be in the latest version too.

Hope this helps at least a little.

Ken

Thanks for that, both. I'm waiting on a decision from the powers that be to see if they want to spend the $300.