SVGA Hardware Question for HMI interface

chakorules

I have a need to remotely locate a computer montior 100 feet from the CPU unit, don't know if I will get this or not...

I've located a 100 feet SVGA extension ($89.00), but I know that the video will not be that great on the other end because of past experience with "ghosting" using extension cables of 25 feet. I've also had MAJOR color loss at 25 feet...using a supposed "high quailty" SVGA cable. (monitor looked all REDISH)

Has anyone ever connected a monitor 100 feet or more before? What hardware did you use? Did you have to use another signal protocol? Like BNC or something like that? Or did you find an Amp box for SVGA?

Is this possible or out of the question?

I thought of using a TV instead of using a monitor, but STILL the image would look pretty ugly on a TV...ugh...

If I went this route, it would flow like this:
SVGA signal to a TV/SVGA convert box ($169.00 at Rat Shack) that gives me composite RCA. Take the RCA into an RF inject box ($39.99 at Rat Shack) that gives me a coax output on Channel 3. Tune my TV to channel 3, run a 100 feet coax cable instead of SVGA.

Any ideas?

chrisbramall from another forum found this little GEM:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...nt_Id=1&Section_Id=&pcount=&Product_Id=12877#

OmniView™ Monitor Extender
Belkin Part Number: F1D088
Trying to cut your first record from your in home studio, but the humming from the computer keeps disturbing the flow. With the Belkin Monitor Extender, you can use your monitor, move your computer into another room, and make beautifully clear music.
The Belkin Monitor Extender connects your monitor or projector up to 250 feet away from its source. Perfect for use in large classrooms, presentations, and other venues that use a large-screen projector.

It will work perfect, if it lives up to it's name...

The monitor extenders that you mentioned are really only long cables right? Or does Black Box have AMPlified SVGA extenders like the Belkin one that chrisbramall found?